Social Media sites like Facebook are not just for your kids.
Facebook has quickly become THE place on the web to socialize. Their traffic statistics are very impressive, and are growing everyday. You can start to take advantage of Facebook by creating a page for your business.
Here are the basic Facebook Applications for Business pages (things you will want to take advantage of for sure!):
- Discussion Boards: Enable your fans to get their ideas out into the open. Discussion boards let you know exactly what your fans and customers think and want.
- Events: Organize gatherings or let people know about your upcoming business events.
- Information: Manage settings for the Information application.
- Notes: Share your business news or engage your fans through written entries.
- Photos: Upload photos to your page and allow your fans to share photos on your page also.
- Reviews: Fans and customers can leave honest opinions about your business.
- Video: A high-quality video platform for pages on Facebook.
- Wall: The Wall is an open forum for your fans or friends to leave comments, thoughts, and ideas about you on your Page or Profile.
When you have successfully created a Business Page on Facebook you can link to it from your own Web site, e-mail campaigns, or encourage your own personal Facebook friends to become a fan of your page. Remember, when a personal friend becomes a new fan, that message is displayed as a notification to all of your friend's friends. Similar to word-of-mouth marketing, this is a great way to bring Facebook users to your new Business page.